Practical Permaculture trainings
5 Day Eco Design and project management training
250$ (Food included/ accommodation extra)
• Permaculture Basics: ethics and principles, methods of design, strategies, mindset
• Farm planning and design (own computer or iPad recommended)
• Teaching Permaculture creatively
• Agro-forestry in the tropics and sub-tropics
• Healthy Soil and composts
• Permaculture production systems (main crop, kitchen garden, animal husbandry, food forests, aquaculture, mushroom growing...)
• Media & Technology skills for your business
• To develop an first approach to home gardening and production planning
• To approach the professional skills of permaculture teachers and project managers
• To help students to improve their skills and build up their confidence in using the skills on farms, for project management and in education contexts they were taught in
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
• Understand concepts and principles of permaculture management
• Apply the principles and techniques of effective permaculture project management on the ground
• Use and develop appropriate resources and materials for teaching
• Connect the student to a large network of partnering projects and data
• 5 day course (30 hours incl. lectures, workshops and hands-on activities, tours)
• Project support
• Online library
• Price 250$/ student
Permaculture Leadership Program (5 days)
250$ (Everyday lunch included/accommodation extra)
Permaculture design at the Green Mango Farm & holiday Parc- vision, ethics, design principles and processes, land observation and language of nature, zones, sectors, concept planning, plan drawing, detail designs
Permaculture garden and farm - plant management, kitchen garden design and maintenance, food forest design and planning, permaculture farm design, harvest forest design
The Permaculture home - energy, toilet systems, wastewater, building design considerations, non-toxic home
Community Permaculture - community food systems, eco villages, cooperatives, city farms, community gardens
Permaculture Economy - the sharing economy, the gift economy, complementary currencies, permaculture livelihoods
How to be a Permaculture teacher - student engagement, teaching opportunities, curriculum development, teaching practices and processes, citizen design, storytelling, workshop and course planning, group dynamics and more
How to creating a successful Permaculture business and market it - permaculture business planning, innovative models, ethical marketing and legals.
Grow mushrooms in your backyard
35$ (Organic lunch and site visits included)
Learn how to grow mushrooms in your backyard and low cost for a quick income and for kick starting you own permaculture farm.
This 1 day experience will introduce you to a backyard mushroom facility and guide you through all the key steps of growing healthy mushrooms for your family, community or for market purposes.
Oyster mushrooms are possibly the easiest variety of mushroom to grow. They are super quick, relatively resistant to competitor organisms and they can grow on a wide range of substrate materials.
- how to grow Oyster mushrooms & what equipment you'll need
- Investments and materials you need to kickstart your farm
- Incomes and revenue streams.
The incomes of this trainings are shared with the local community we work with. Our consultants can also assist you in setting up your mushroom backyard or commercial facility. For more information please check out our sustainable consulting section Here.